In his ongoing effort to identify books that will turn kids onto reading, James Patterson has joined forces with acclaimed children’s literature expert Judy Freeman to start ReadKiddoRead.com – a web site designed to help parents, teachers, and librarians ignite the next generation’s excitement about reading by recommending books carefully chosen for their ability to make kids’ mouths water – books kids can really sink their teeth into.
Complete with age designations, thoughtful book descriptions, author and celebrity interviews, and more, ReadKiddoRead.com will help make finding a book for a young person easy and, ultimately, rewarding.The site will feature:
– Book selections in appropriate age categories by Patterson and Freeman
– Thoughtful descriptions of each recommended book with easily accessed links to online retailers where books can be purchased
– A lively community network which will promote helpful discussions about personal experiences with books found on the site – or off of the site – that are great for kids
– Personal input and messages from James Patterson about the importance of getting kids excited about reading and his own experience as a father of a ten-year-old son
– Contributions from other authors and celebrities who believe in the importance of getting kids excited about reading
– Seasonal lists of books and reading strategies for parents, teachers, and librarians
The site will officially go live in October 2008. And with promotional support from Scholastic Book Fairs, People magazine, and many others, word about ReadKiddoRead.com will spread fast and wide over the fall 2008 months.